I have had bhel puris from shops nearby with the help of basic mix. Here is a perfect my version of bhel puri. It is very simple and spicy snack special for a rainy day accompanied by hot chai.
Potato – 1 large
Onion – ½
Tomato – ½
Chat masala – 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder – a pinch
Rava – 1 cup
Maida – 1/2 cup
Salt – per taste
Water – to make dough
Pudina – 1 bunch
Corriander leaves – 1/2 bunch
Green chilli – 2
Ginger – A small piece
Salt – ½ tsp
- Dice onion and tomatoes finely
- Boil potatoes and keep the aside.
- Mix rava, maida, salt and water and make a dough.
- Make large roti with it and cut out smaller circles from them of desired circle size. Normally that would be a mouthful.
- Fry them in oil and keep them aside.
- Grind pudina, Corriander leaves, green chilli, salt and ginger into a fine paste.
Now comes the final makeover.
- Break the pappad into half or into pieces.
- Smash the boiled potatoes and add them.
- Add the dices onions and tomatos.
- Add salt, Chat masala and a pinch of chilli powder and mix them well.
- Add the green sauce on this and serve.
- Can also add ketchup to enhance taste.