This recipe is very special one from my M-I-L. This has been my hubby’s favorite one. Beetroot vadai is the best way to include beetroot in children’s diet who won’t eat it.
Ingredients: For 4
Toor dhal -100gms
Bengal gram- 100gms
Salt – to taste
Red chilli -3
Onion- 100 gms
Curry leaves - handfull
Oil- to fry
- Soak the Bengal gram and toor dhal for about 2 hours.
- Peel the skin and grate the beetroot.
- Grind the soaked dhals, grated beetroot, salt, red chilli and curry leaves to a light coarse texture.
- Add chopped onions to the mixture.
- Heat the oil in frying pan.
- Make small balls, flatten it and fry it for a crispy snack.
Sending it to,
Priya's Healing Foods - Beetroot Event Guest Hosting
(linking it to Siri's Healing foods home page)