Finally hitting it right after persistant trials. Cupcakes has been my favorite for its beauty and of course taste. They are tiny and perfectly delicious snack. This is my first successful attempt in making a cup cake after many attempts of egg-less trials. This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart.Ingredients:1 cup granulated sugar1/3 cup butter1 teaspoon vanilla extract2 large eggs1 teaspoon baking powder1/2 teaspoon baking soda1/2 teaspoon salt3/4 cup all-purpose flour1 cup shredded carrots1/4 cup shredded coconut, plus more for garnishProcedure:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil a muffin tin or line with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, butter, vanilla extract and eggs. Whisk it well until fluffy.
- Stir in baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour, carrots and coconut and whisk it for about 2 minutes.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool completely. Frost cupcakes, and garnish with carrots /coconuts.
Tips from my learnings...- Butter will give softness than oil. - If the whisking is insufficient the cake will besticky. - Use fresh Baking powder and check on its expiry.