This is a link to my previous post of Curry Leaves (Karuveppilai) Kozhambu. This is a way to use Curry leaves for regular day-to-day use. This is spicy, yummy and can be mixed with rice or can be a side dish to Idli, Dosa or anything you like.
Curry Leaves - a bunch
Urad dhal -1/2 cup
Chenna dhal - 2 tsp
Red chilli - 2 to 3
Garlic - 1 clove
Salt - per taste
- Roast the curry leaves in a tava, till the raw smell goes. Be careful not to burn them.
- Remove and grind it to fine powder.
- Roast the Dhals and chilli in the tava till color changes a little to brown and remove it to cool.
- Grind this along with curry leaf powder adding salt to it. Make it into to coarse or a smooth mixture as per your choice. A coarse mixture will be easy to intake as it wont create cough.
- Cut the garlic into pieces and grind it to the mixture.
- Curry leaves powder is ready.
Note: As per previous request I have added garlic to this. Thank you Ramy.
The leaves of the curry plant is used in indigenous medicine as a tonic, stimulant and antiflatulent.
Hope you Like it!!